Neil Solondz versatile, talented play-by-play and host, especially successful in baseball. Neil is currently the pre- and post-game host for the Tampa Bay Rays, and has completed 11 seasons with the team. In addition, Neil does radio play-by-play for the Rays numerous times each season, and he’s worked in various fill-in roles for now Bally Sports Sun including hosting and doing play-by-play. Neil also has broadcast TV play-by-play at the collegiate level in basketball, football, soccer, and volleyball, including recent work for the ASun. .On television, Neil has broadcast events on MLB Network, and on radio Neil has broadcast minor league baseball to a national audience, including the Triple-A All-Star and National Championship Games. A Rutgers University graduate, Neil lives in Palm Harbor with his wife Sari and daughters Emily and Abby.
Tampa Bay Rays (January 2012-present)
- Broadcast play-by-play of numerous regular season and exhibition games on 20-station network
- Host pre- and post-game show for 162-game regular season on 20-station network
- Host and produce weekly magazine program “This Week in Rays Baseball” on network, plus off-season podcasts
- Hosted various Rays pre and postgame show programming on Bally Sports Sun
- Was Executive Producer of kids show “Rays Rookies” on now Bally Sports Sun
- Participates on team’s DEI Council, and worked to create team mentoring program.
ASun Network (November 2013-present)
- Broadcast play-by-play of men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball championships on ESPN+, as well as basketball games.
- Host ASun Hall of Fame Induction ceremony and men’s and women’s basketball preview shows.
Radio and TV Play-by-play Experience
- Durham Bulls, Lakewood BlueClaws and Quad City River Bandits in minor leagues, including Triple-A National Championship and All-Star games on league-wide broadcasts, as well as MLB Network Broadcasts for the Bulls and USA Baseball
- Football and Basketball at NC State, Rutgers and Delaware State
- 2021 Tampa Bay Rays Joyce C Smith Award for community involvement
- 2007 Raleigh Hot Stove League Media Award Winner
- 2009, 2006, 2004 Durham Bulls Sales Executive of the Year
- BA. English, Rutgers University-Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ